Thursday, August 11, 2011

Simple One Layer Cards

I tried something new this time - took pictures with my phone to see if they were better quality and ....... they're not. But you can still get a good idea of what these cards look like.

The unique thing about these is that the background color is made by inking up a clear block and stamping that. I know - sounds strange - but it works really well! I got the idea from Chick'n'Scratch so the credit goes to her. This one is done in the new in-color Pool Party and Indigo Island. Really like these two colors together!


This card is made the same way but I 'stepped it up' a little. The Wisteria Wonder (new in-color too!) background is made with the clear block and then I used Concord Crush for the 'swirly' image from the new set "Creative Elements". For the finishing touch, I cut out and mounted the butterfly from this set to add some dimension. Plus a pearl, of course.


Here's the two cards together so show the difference between a super-simple fast one-layer card and a card with just one more step to dress it up a bit. Sorry about the landscape layout.


The Stamping Stampede will be making one or both of these cards at Club on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment