Sunday, March 20, 2011

Basket for Benefit

This is a basket (really a tin) with items in it for a benefit for a relative of one of my club members. He has cancer and his benefit is coming up in April. The family is putting together items to bid on and our Club is going to be working on this one.

Everything is ready except the cards and envelopes. At Club tomorrow night, we are going to create the 8 cards and envelopes assembly-line style. This is the card I posted previously with the stamp set Nature Walk and Baja Breeze cardstock.

The items included are a folder with 8 cards and envelopes, a candle, mini note book, and a bookmark.

Here is everything out of the tin.


Just one of the cards with a matching envelope.




Here's the folder that holds the cards. I used the newspaper print DSP on this. I think I'm going to be using that DSP on a lot more projects, you can do so much with it! Here I just sponged the edges and stamped the same images on it as the main items. Makes it look like it came that way!


Here's the inside of the folder. I CASED this folder idea from SplitCoast although all the stamping and accessories are of my own design. Sorry - I don't have the name to give them proper credit.



This is the front and back of the of the folder. It's made with just a piece of 8 1/2 by 11 cardstock and a ribbon that is threaded through to hold the cards inside.



The candle and base. I just stamped the images on tissue paper, cut it out and used the heat gun to apply it to the candle. The base is the scallop circle die cut for the Big Shot. I ran it through an embossing folder (forgot the name of it) and then inked the raised design with Early Espresso ink.




Bookmark and mini notebook. This is the first time I've taken the spiral 'thingy' off of a notebook and then covered the top and punched holes in the new layer. It was very simple. The bookmark was cut from the 2 tags die cut for the Big Shot.



This is another folder I made in Baja Breeze cardstock. Same thing but different colors.



Inside of this folder.

Hope you have enjoyed these posts. Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment