Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Couple New Projects

I got some time today to just stamp for fun! No deadlines or holiday or birthday that I had to quick make something for, just time to stamp whatever I wanted. So I went downstairs and put together a couple of projects that I have been thinking about for a while.

This is a necklace made from Stampin' Up!'s beveled windowpanes. I just used designer paper and cardstock to make the backing, stamped a couple of images, and ran ribbon through the side slots. I attached a loop at the top and then threaded another ribbon through the loop for the necklace part.


This is my first attempt at these and I already have a few ideas on how to change things to make it even easier next time.


The rest of the ribbon.



A close up of the top loop. The long ribbon part can be taken out and a chain could be used instead. Possibilities.....



Next up - a mini scrapbook.



This scrapbook is made with DSP and So Saffron, Tempting Turquoise, and Real Red cardstock. The flower on the belly band was cut out using the new flowers bigz die from the Occasions Mini catalog. I like the new and different shape of it!


The belly band slips off and then you can unfold it.





Once unfolded, three 'doors' open up on the inside. I lined it alternating with Turquoise and Red cardstock with a saying on each.



Once I choose the photos for this, I will determine the background for the middle sections. Right now I just put in the photo corners. I hope to accomplish this soon with photos of my 2 sons and then post the completed product. On the front belly band, you may have noticed the number '2' and then a picture of a deer. I chose that image for my '2 deers' : )

No comments:

Post a Comment