Wednesday, June 30, 2010

New Catalog Flowers


Check out these accordian flowers! They are featured in the new Stampin' Up! catalog on page 123. I don't think I've seen these in the blogger world yet, but maybe I just haven't noticed. Anyway, from the picture in the catalog, I figured out how to make these and have posted step by step details below. Also, notice the background on this card? It's the lattice embossing folder. The color of the card itself is the new Early Espresso and the ribbon is too. It's similar to chocolate chip, but much richer and REALLY nice. I've used a LOT of chocolate chip cardstock in the past, but Early Espresso might be my first choice now!


To make the pleated accordian flowers, you will need 2 scalloped punched circles.


Use your bone folder and paper cutter to make score lines from one end where the scallop goes in to the other side - ooops - this picture doesn' t have it lined up correctly on the bottom, the line on the paper cutter should be BETWEEN scallops not on the round part.




Keep making score lines all the way around the scalloped circle from one end to the other.



Make a cut to the center.


Start folding in an accordian-style on the score lines, folding up then down.



Fold both circles.

Use two-way glue or another strong adhesive to adhere the two scallops at each of the end 'petals'. Notice the small hole in the middle? It's perfect for inserting a shank on the bottom of a button!

Just add a dimentional on the back and stick it on your project!
Just for fun - can you see where I glued the two ends together? It's not easy!
I'm thinking to make an even fuller flower you could put 3 scalloped circles together. Hmmm - I better go try that.

No comments:

Post a Comment