Friday, August 31, 2012

Wedded Bliss

Hi stampers!  It's been whirlwind of a summer and now it's time to settle into our fall schedule!
I'm long overdue in posting so I better get right to it:   I want to post a couple of cards I made for Jess, one of our stamp club members who got married recently.

 

This is a retired stamp set but I love the silhouette profiles for different occasions.  This is one of those sets that I won't part with; retired or not.    The colors used are Tempting Turquoise (their official wedding color) and Basic Black.

 
I thought it would be fun to add a 'real' netting veil to this image and use some pearls to finish off the headpiece.  The bride's bouquet is a small flower made from the 'Itty Bitty' punch set, layered and scrunched.  The layered outline was created using the Labels Collection framelits for the Big Shot.
 
 
The card and matching envelope.
 
So that was the card I gave Jess for her bridal shower and below is the wedding card I gave the happy couple on their wedding day.
 

 Again, the colors were Tempting Turquoise and Basic Black.  I had some inspiration from other card creaters for this basic layout but changed a few details.  The black 'suit' is a full layer on the Tempting Turquoise layer with a v-shaped lapel cut out and a bow tie and buttons added.  The wedding dress is layered on top and finished with rows of pears.  I added another layered and scrunched flower for the groom's boutenier.   


If you look closely, the top and bottom of the dress is embossed with the Framed Tulips embossing folder.  Also, there is a rhinestone in the ring of the word 'do' like a wedding ring.

 
Here's the front and back of the matching envelope.
 
 
Jess and Ryan make a great couple.  We're all very happy for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment