Sunday, February 28, 2010

Fancy Flower


This is a card using the extra large fancy flower punch from the Occasions Mini catalog. I CASED the idea but did change it a little. It's a 4x4 square card with 4 small squares cut from the Sending Love specialty paper arranged evenly on top. I used a bone folder and shaped the petals so the flower is 3-D. (please ignore the fact that the pinks don't quite match - it looks ok in real life, but the lighting for the photo must have changed it) I like this card but I always think something is missing if it doesn't have words on it. So .... I'm stepping out of my box today and not putting any words on this one - oooooooohh - I'm so tempted.




Look familiar? This is the picture I used for my blog header. The background is a piece from the Sweet Pea paper pack with the flowers. Then I just added some dimension with the Sweet Pea stitched felt pieces and butterflies, then added the scalloped border on the bottom to look like grass.







No comments:

Post a Comment