Sunday, April 25, 2010

Flowers and Phones

The big thing now is "Vintage" so I thought I'd try my hand at some vintage flowers. This is made from 6 flowers from the new Big Flower Punch and two Ballet Blue smaller flowers from the Boho Blossoms punch. The difference between this one and the scallop circle punch flower a while back is that I sprayed each layer with water before assembling. Once I had the brad in the middle holding it all together, I started scrunching layer by layer and then even separated some layers to really look old and vintage. (An empty Stampin' Mist bottle filled with water works great for this because it has a very nice, even spray).







A close up of the layers so you can see how some are pulled apart and how they have a suede look to them after being wet.




Here are a couple of cell phone holders made from what else? - the Top Note die cut!

I attached the felt flowers on the brown holder with a hot glue gun.



The nice thing about these is that you can adjust the size by how big of a seam you make. The brown holder no longer fit my phone after I got a protector for it, so I made the pink one from fleece which is kinda stretchy and also made the seam a little smaller. Fits perfectly! Note: the silver filigree brad and flower is attached to the ribbon on the outside and does not go through the fleece. I didn't want the ends of the brad to be on the inside and possibly scratch my phone.



It's Sunday night so I better get ready for tomorrow - I've been transplanting trees this weekend. It was a lot of work but hopefully the trees will live and be well worth my stiff back!


No comments:

Post a Comment