Monday, May 10, 2010

What? A flashing!?



These little centerpieces are made out of flashing. Yup- the aluminum used for roofing is called 'flashing'. You may have seen these on SCS. They are about the quickest thing I've made in months! Just run the flashing through the Big Shot with the Flower Folds die, put a glue dot under each layer and you're done! I put a little tea light in the center but you could put a larger candle in there if you'd like.



Are the edges sharp? No, not really - it's folded slightly around the edges when it's run through the Big Shot, and I've handled the pieces quite a bit without a problem. Club gals - we are going to be making these for Stamp Club on Monday.



You can see how big it is compared to my hand, it's only about 5" across. I bought the flashing at Home Depot. It comes in a roll that's 6" by 10 feet which is perfect to run through the Big Shot!

I hope all you moms had a great Mother's Day! This is a picture of my mom and me celebrating Mother's Day. Below is a picture of my mom and my little goofballs! And yes, I gave Mom a special handmade card : D




No comments:

Post a Comment