Saturday, May 8, 2010

What a pansy!



Here are some pansies that I'm experiementing with. There are a lot of different ones on SplitCoast right now. Any guesses as to which punch was used? It's the butterfly punch! The dark one on the bottom was the easiest to make, just punch out 3 butterflies, add a yellow flower in the middle and put a brad through all the layers.

The top left was my next attempt. I "drug" the white butterfly across the ink pad, leaving some white in the middle then used the YoYo Yellow marker to fill it in. I liked it but thought that something was missing. Then I decided to try my new stamp set "Garden Greetings" and add the center stamped image you can see in the middle pansy. Then, I made one more attempt to "better" it. It seemed like the ink was too heavy and so when I drug the one on the right across the ink pad, I left some white spots. This seems to look better and more realistic. What do you think? Each one is going to look different regardless of technique - just like nature.



Here's a pansy on a card. I originally meant to have the card vertical but then thought that I'd try something different and put it on horizontally.



This little flower card was a sinch! (or is it cinch?) I just put a folded piece of cardstock through the Big Shot using the flower folds die, and made sure that the fold was just under the tip of one petal. See the flat petal on the top? This way it's a card and has a fold! I have to give credit for this idea to Inking Idaho's blog.



Have a great Saturday!





No comments:

Post a Comment